Commit message editor
Commit is an editor that helps you write better Git and Mercurial commit messages.
After installing make sure to launch the application and follow the instructions.
Commit will pop up automatically when you make a commit in one of your projects. To save your commit message, press the Commit button or the _Ctrl+Return_ key combination. To abort and dismiss Commit, press the Cancel button or the _Escape_ key.
- Highlights overflow of title when it exceeds 50 characters (customizable)
- Inserts blank line between title and description
- Comments are readonly and excluded from "Select All"
- Displays project folder and branch in window header
- Dark mode support
- Undo and redo support
- Emoji picker
- Supports git commit messages, merge messages, tag messages, add -p messages, and rebase -i messages
- Supports Mercurial commit messages
- Welcome window with settings and instructions